This project is read-only.

Moving from Expression Encoder 2.0 to 3.0

Jun 3, 2010 at 4:23 PM
Edited Jun 3, 2010 at 4:25 PM

First off, great project. Looks like Expression 3.0 SDK changed a number of things in the API since v2.0, and they have broken your app. (List of changes) I poked around for a few minutes, but it doesn't look like I can just fix a couple of namespaces/properties and make it compile; it will take some reworking of the properties and objects to fit their new Presets and Profiles scheme. Do you have any interest in porting this to VS 2010 and Expression 3.0? I like what you've done with the job list, and I look forward to extending the project if you choose to continue!

Jun 9, 2010 at 5:10 PM
I wasn't planning on updating the code to Expression Encoder 3 because you Expression Encoder 3 does everything that the Video Encoder does. Expression Encoder 2 didn't allow you to encode to 5.1 wmv, but V. 3 does. I didn't see the need to update it. Were there things that it does that you find that Encoder 3 does not do, or does not do very well/easily? FYI, Expression Encoder 4 is now available as well.

Thanks,
Darick

To: [email removed]
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 08:23:21 -0700
Subject: Moving from Expression Encoder 2.0 to 3.0 [VideoEncoder:214866]

First off, great project. Looks like Expression 3.0 SDK changed a number of things in the API (compared to v2.0) and have broken your app. (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff396035%28Expression.30%29.aspx). I poked around for a few minutes, but it doesn't look like I can just fix a couple of namespaces/properties and make it compile; it will take some reworking of the properties and objects to fit their new Presets and Profiles scheme. Do you have any interest in porting this to VS 2010 and Expression 3.0? I like what you've done with the job list, and I look forward to extending the project if you choose to continue!
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (VideoEncoder@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email VideoEncoder@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

The New Busy is not the old busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Get started.
Jun 9, 2010 at 5:25 PM
Darick, I wrote a quick/dirty batch processor for importing videotapes (http://expressionbatch.codeplex.com), but I liked what you did with the list management in your app. I was interested in extending your app to include my IO.Filewatcher feature, but it's no big deal; my app does what it needs to do. If I work on my project any more, I'll probably refer to your app for improving my list/object databinding and in-list progress display. -- Thanks again! --Scott