Not working and questions?

Mar 22, 2009 at 4:15 PM
Would I have to purchase Expression Encoder from MS??  I tried your Video Encoder out and it bombed right away with a generic error message?

Like you, I'm trying to automate Apple movie trailer(.MOV) audio conversion, but for the NMT (Popcorn Hour).  AAC sounds horrible on my HT.

Please let me know exactly what I need to get this working.  Thanks!!
Coordinator
Mar 22, 2009 at 4:20 PM
Yes, Expression Encoder is required. They offer a 30-day trial. After 30 days it goes into express mode. However, express mode isn't supported by the SDK so it won't work. So you could download it and try it for 30 days and see how you like it.

Darick

To: [email removed]
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 09:15:48 -0700
Subject: Not working and questions? [VideoEncoder:50898]

Would I have to purchase Expression Encoder from MS?? I tried your Video Encoder out and it bombed right away with a generic error message?

Like you, I'm trying to automate Apple movie trailer(.MOV) audio conversion, but for the NMT (Popcorn Hour). AAC sounds horrible on my HT.

Please let me know exactly what I need to get this working. Thanks!!

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for Hotmail®. See how.
Mar 22, 2009 at 4:32 PM
Edited Mar 22, 2009 at 4:33 PM
Ok, fair enough.

Another question about the audio:  The majority of the Movie trailers are 2 channel stereo but there are a handful that are 5.1.  If I put the default profile at 5.1, will it handle the 2 channel ones correctly.  Or should I set the default to 2 channel stereo and inspect each video and adjust the 5.1 ones??

Thanks.
Coordinator
Mar 22, 2009 at 7:22 PM
I've been using 5.1 and it has been working fine. If you get an error while encoding then it is most likely because of audio, but I have not run into any issues. Darick

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 3/22/2009 4:32:45 PM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Not working and questions? [VideoEncoder:50898]

Ok, fair enough.

Another question about the audio: The majority of the Movie trailers are 2 channel stereo but there are a handful that are 5.1. If I put the default profile at 5.1, will it handle the 2 channel ones correctly. Of should I set the default to 2 channel stereo and inspect each video and adjust the 5.1 ones??

Thanks.